Welcome to the FSSGB Wiki Information Page!
Here's a link to access the wiki: http://fssgb.pbwiki.com
...but before you do -- if you're new to wikis, please read this page carefully.
A "wiki" is a collaborative website, on which any approved user can add or modify content.
The goal of the FSSGB wiki is to let members share information. This one was created as a way to share
information on FSSGB history in anticipation of our 50th anniversary year, but other projects will surely emerge.
No knowledge about editing web pages is required to add or edit information here. It's much simpler than that.
You can leave the formatting to others if you're uncomfortable working on computers. Once you log onto our wiki page,
there are tips on how to edit and format the pages, which you should look over before you get started.
The information on this site is private (not publicly visible), and it is not indexed by search engines like Google and
Yahoo. Even so, we suggest that you not put any information here which should not be available to the public.
If you've never done this before, you'll need to go through a quick approval process before you can log in for the first time.
To do this:
- In a web browser, go to http://fssgb.pbwiki.com. (This link is set up to open
the wiki into a new browser window, so you should be able to go back and forth between these instructions and the actual wiki pages.)
- On the right side of the screen you'll see a button to Request Approval. Click on that button, and submit your request.
You will need a valid e-mail address for this.
- Once you have submitted your request, Bill Lehrman or Lori Fassman will have to approve it. They'll automatically get an
email asking them to approve it, so it should get done within a few hours.
- Once you become an approved user, you can log into the wiki page and start to look around. The first time you log on, you will
have to fill out an identification form, and set your password.
- Near the top of every page of the wiki there's a tab that says "Edit". Click on that tab for any page that you want to modify.
You'll be presented with an editable version of the page, and you can just start typing away.
- Be sure to click the SAVE button on the bottom of the screen if you want to save your changes BEFORE you navigate away from this
page! Hit the CANCEL button if you want to discard your changes.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask Lori Fassman (lori AT fassman DOT com) or Bill Lehrman (bill AT fssgb DOT org).